Friday, July 11, 2008

Travel-Free Thursday


So, yesterday was such an amazing day....gotta have a let down after that. Today was conference day....tolerable. Keynote speaker was a tad snoozy during our luncheon, but I have gotten some new ideas and just hope I have the time (or will make the time) to implement some of them. Have met some great people at the conference from all parts of the country/world. That´s sometimes the best part - the networking and the meeting of new people and the collaborating and sharing of ideas. You know me, Srta Social Butterfly, it´s what I do...and I love it!

A funny.... I guess...maybe more weird....at the airport, there´s a cardboard man standing there holding a sign that says it´s illegal to do that and ¨We will drive you to jail.¨ I was quite taken aback with that on Monday... wondering what the heck is up with that... Then, we get to our hotel, and in our welcome packet there´s a letter that says´"No social gatherings are to take place in your room." I´m thinking to myself, am I in Thailand?!?! Apparently CR has had an issue of foreigners coming into their country and having sex with minors...I guess that´s one way to tell everyone!

The weather has been grand...during the morning hours only! It´s rained every afternoon since I´ve been here. Today it rained the least, but Wednesday...wow! We couldn´t hear our presenter giving her speech it was SO loud! But, just like Ireland, you gotta have the rain to make it all green, right?!?!

The conference is over tomorrow at noon and then I´m going to head to Center City for a while...in the light. Have heard sketchy things, but the Cows on Parade are there and a girl´s gotta go see `em. :)

Hasta ** steph :)

No comments: