Monday, July 14, 2008

Casa Dulce Casa



HOME SWEET HOME!!!

It was a chore getting here, but I did. Made it on the shuttle, with about 20 other people. We had heard the lines to pay the taxes were going to be gianormous at the airpot, but being one of the last ones on the shuttle means your luggage comes off first. Got to the tax line...walked right up to the counter - NO LINES!! But, about 30 seconds after I did, a huge tour group showed up - great timing! Next hurdle was the Delta check-in. The Continental line was out to the sidewalk, but not Delta - walked right up to an attendant....that NEVER happens!! Made it through security just about as quick!! Flight left on time and off I went. Slept a bit on the plane. Made friends with the guy next to me, Juan, from Heredia, Costa Rica, who gave me his number so I can call him the next time in town...don't get any ideas, he's married and is about 50.


So, connecting through Atlanta on the way down wasn't bad...luck didn't hold out on the way home. There were storms in Atlanta, so they routed us around the storms. Landed a little early, but had to sit out on a side -runway for about 15 min. since our gate was occupied. Could see 15+ planes lined up for take-off. Finally got to the gate and the next hurdle was the Immigration line. UNREAL! There were so many people there, and sadly, the guy didn't even stamp my passport. They're supposed to, but Walten was not a friendly guy. Next stop was luggage and as I walked up, there was my beautiful, blue, hardside suitcase....come to mama!! Off through Customs and they just passed me over - gracias! Rechecked the bag and back through security and then to find where my gate was.

My flight wasn't even up on the board....nice. So had to go ask at the info desk, along with about 20 + other people. My flight was delayed 2+ hrs., no gran dealio. I can deal with that. Strangely enough, Abby's boyfriend, Mark, was passing through Atlanta as well about the same time, so we chilled out and caught up at my gate. He took off to his flight about 6:30 and mine was supposed to be leaving at 7:20, then 8:05, then they changed our gate back to the original one. To make a LONG story short, my 4:13 flight ended up leaving at 8:40. Was supposed to be home at 5:11 and got home at 9:30. I LOVE Hellanta!!!

Needless to say, climbing into my bed last night was the BEST feeling ever!! I won't miss the uncomfortable bed of the Ramada, that's for sure! I will miss my time with my bar/office/conference buddies every night! Salud to them!! Viva Imperial! :)

Am off to do laundry since I'm leaving again on Thursday for an EF Group Leaders Convention in Sicily & Tunisia.


~steph :)

No comments: