Sunday, July 6, 2008

Costa Rica or bust!!




Hola to all!I
Well, I'm off again! Tomorrow morning I'm leaving for Costa Rica for 7 days for the AATSP conference (American Assoc of Teachers of Spanish & Portuguese). I'm quite excited as I've never been to Costa Rica and have heard such amazing stories of the beauty of this country. I get in at noon on Monday and have the rest of the day free. Within the conference are excursions I get to do. Wednesday morning I'm going to Poas Volcano & a Nature Reserve and Saturday, all day, I'm off to the Arenal Volcano & Baldi Hot Springs. Am hoping to do a tour of San Jose and one to Sarchi. So, my bags are packed, my camera & passport are ready to go. Now, we play the waiting game...ugh!!

It's so hard to believe that it's been 3 weeks since I returned from Spain. We had such a magnificent time there that time has just flown. I went with 16 kids & my mom and we were paired up with 3 other groups: Colorado, Missouri & Texas. Big surprise - Texas were trouble again - but, none of that hindered our fun - my kids were awesome - we made so many GOOD memories!! We are family!! We visited the amazing towns of Madrid, Toledo, Granada, Benlmadena, Gibraltar, Sevilla, Cordoba, Segovia & Barcelona.

It's hard to believe it had been 3 yrs since I was last there - it felt just like yesterday. There's just something about that country that never ceases to amaze me & I'm so lucky to have returned so many times and to have always made new memories. What I love about student travel is seeing the same-ol-same-ol through someone else's eyes and sharing this lovely country with others. I always find it's the people you travel with that make the memories & I had some top notch people with me and met some more fantastic people along the way. :)

Well, must finish packing - am semi-stressing and obsessing this time. With other trips, I've known what to expect - unless I'm with kids - then it's expect the unexpected.... But, Costa Rica is completely new for me - so I'm excited for the unknown. I don't have it all planned out. I don't have all the maps downloaded and ready to go - I'm just going to go with it - that's good for me.Everyone needs to be pushed into the unknown every now and again. Live in the moment...As a teacher, you always have to be flexible...same with travel...gotta roll with it....That's what I'm gonna do...roll with it - cuz it's all good!! Carpe Diem!

~steph :)

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Carpe Diem, indeed! I cannot wait to see pictures from your latest adventures!