Sunday, July 13, 2008

Arenal...in the clouds


Today was my last full day in CR...boo hoo! My tour today took us to Sarchi, Zalcero, Arenal & Baldi Hot Spring. Sarchi is where the famous ox carts are hand-crafted. We saw the World´s Largest Ox Cart, shopped and headed to Zalcero, another little city. The drive today was very curvy and you needed your seatbelt. Luckily it didn´t rain on us at all, but that didn´t stop the clouds from getting in my way of seeing Arenal. ugh!! That´s the world´s 4th most active volcano and we saw nada.. :( We did get to relax this afternoon at the Baldi hot spring. There were about 20 pools there that you just wandered in and out of...felt sooooo good on all the achy muscles. And, after another dinner of rice & beans, we headed back to the hotel. Today, I ate rice & beans for all 3 meals....I´m becoming a true Tica!!

*steph :)

No comments: