Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Day 1 of Trip #20: MLI - DTW - LHR

It's June...and you know what that means....TRAVEL TIME!!!
I sit here writing this, finally packed, thinking "This is Trip #20??  How is that possible??  Where did the time go??"  When I first started this whole travel-with-students gig, I would have never imagined all the amazing places we've gone and the places we've seen. Travel does give you a story to tell...and boy, the stories I could tell...
From my first trip with canceled flights, lost luggage, missing a day of tour, and a parent having to go home early due to a death, to sick kids Costa Rica & Ecuador, to seven trips to Spain...we've visited 5 different continents, seen some amazing wonders of the world, and made some amazing friends around the world.  I am quite blessed to take these kids on their adventure of a lifetime.  Some have traveled more than once with me, many have gone on to study abroad, others have just traveled the world on their own...awesomeness! Super big shout out to all the kids who have traveled with me over the years - what a blast we had!!

So, here I sit getting ready to embark on #20, which will be filled with it's own memories and adventures!
Our tour is named Europe at Leisure - it's 17 days thru Europe, hitting London, Paris, Switzerland & Italy.  I have 14 students and 6 other adults with me. We're paired up with 3 other groups from Florida, Arkansas, and Utah, for a total of 50.

It's a packed tour...and we've packed in more extra activities, so we're expecting very little 'leisure'... Go Big & Go Home is our mantra!  We can sleep on the plane! :)

Enjoy our blog - I should be able to blog every night as well as upload pics.  Always remember No News is Good News.
Keep us all & our safety in your thoughts & prayers!
Europe, here we come!!
Señorita :)


3 comments:

stempel said...

Can't wait for the pics
Trip #20 WOW! There have been some good times and great people during this time.

Iowa smiles said...

Thanks for blogging. So ready to hear about the day and the night. Travelers Enjoy and the best from home.

Iowa smiles said...

Thanks for blogging. So ready to hear about the day and the night. Travelers Enjoy and the best from home.