Monday, January 12, 2009

36 hours and counting....


Well, Cedric & I will be off again soon. This time we're heading to Paris, the city of lights, for a week! I was given this amazing opportunity through EF, the student travel company I use. They are having an orientation for new Group Leaders and asked me to come along as one of the "experienced GL's" and give a presentation about what life is like with kids on tour. Of course, I jumped at this opportunity!! Paris? For a week?? Yeah!! It's been about 5 yrs since I was last there. So, the next 36 hours will find me finishing up my lesson plans, finishing packing, finishing laundry, and finishing up my presentation. It's days like this that I had a "normal" job that I could just leave, stop everything where it is, and just pick it up when I return. Sadly, teaching is not like that. There's lots of ducks to put in a row before I can go, but it'll all be worth it when I get there. Just pray for some great weather, cuz it's not looking too hot. Am going through Chicago, so am going to try & get on an earlier flight out of Moline so that I don't miss the jumbo 767 to Paris on Wednesday. Oh, the joys of travel in January. Again, it'll all be worth it! :)

No comments: