Sunday, August 3, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Our homeward bound flights took us from JFK to Cincinnati to Des Moines. Originally had a 3 hr layover in Cincinnati, but found out we were delayed - ended up delayed over 4+ hrs...ugh! And let me tell you, if you've never flown through Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky airport, you're not missing much. It's basically a hub for Delta and that's about it. Fun...

Apparently while we were gone, Des Moines got hit with more rain & flooding. Could sadly see the damage from the plane on our way in...

Have been home almost a week and am finally adjusting to the real world. I appreciate being in a country where they believe in toliet paper, toliet seats & soap in the bathrooms - something I won't miss from Tunisia. However, I will actually miss the dry, 100+ heat of Tunisia over the humidity of Iowa.

Sicily & Tunisia contrasted each other significantly. Sicily was so calm, serene & peaceful where as Tunisia was little more fast paced, crowded and a tad bit dirtier. It was good to see both cultures and it makes you appreciate what you have. It's always good to step out of your comfort zone...but good to know you can always go home! :)

Sadly, school starts (for me) on the 11th, so the traveling will have to subside for a while...sob sob sniff sniff... But, you know me, I won't be able to sit still for long...am hoping to do something for my birthday!! :)

I feel quite blessed for the amazing experiences I have had this summer. I have seen so many amazing things, have met some quite outstanding people, and made some friends this summer. I, of course, have oodles of pics...some that capture the moments and others that possibly could not capture the feeling. But, as CS Lewis said, "One who has journeyed in a foreign land cannot return unchanges."
Hope you've enjoyed reading this - Thanks to those who have read it!!
Check back - (I gotta figure out how to post pics)- you never know what I'll be up to next.... ;)

Con carino ~ steph :)

No comments: