Thursday, June 9, 2011

Oh, the Places We'll Go!

Today is our Day - We're off to Great Places! We're off and Away! We'll be on our way Up! We'll be seeing Great Sights! We'll join the High Fliers who soar to High Heights! We're off to Great Places! Today is our Day! Europe is waiting So... Let's get on our Way!!


MLI - ATL - CDG - LHR on Delta & Air France is the path we'll be taking today as we embark on our latest adventure. 17 days - 20 students - 6 brave adults - all for the quest of adventure, education, appreciation, understanding, and a love of travel! This year's trip will take us to London, Paris, Switzerland, Florence, Pisa, Rome & Pompeii. We're the largest group I've ever had the privilege of leading, the longest European tour, and a smaller suitcase than I usually take (Bob would be so proud!)

Personally, for me, this will be my 13th trip in as many months - what a streak it's been. I think this is also #13 with students, so it's a pretty great deal all around! I have some amazing students on the trip and some awesome adults - a win-win! We're paired up with 19 from Texas, so a total of 45 and our Sicilian tour director, Mario, so we'll be in good hands!

Am hoping to blog & post pics every night, but we've got some amazing adventures ahead of us. Send positive thoughts & prayers our way for safe travels to & fro and whilst we're there.

Blog atcha later!
~steph :)

p.s. My new niece made her grand appearance before I left - Miss Amelia Ann made her grand debut Tuesday afternoon - too precious for words - AND... my nephews will be coming home from China (permanently) on Sunday - I've got some amazing peeps to see when I get home! :)

1 comment:

R. K. Reif said...

I am so proud of you gfor taking a smaller bag, Steph, but...did you take one that is, in fact, small enough to carry on? ; )

Have a fantastic journey. You Iowans will be so cultured by the time you return; you might then be eligible for honorary Minnesota citizenship!

I sent you the dates my group will be in Paris. If we cross paths there, let's grab an espresso or a crepe!

John Deere rules!

Hugs,

Bob