Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 6: Paris & Versailles...oh my!


Go Team Senorita!!



Today took us around the city of Paris with our local guide, Ann, and then out to the lovely palace & gardens of Versailles. As you can see, it was a GORGEOUS day in Paris!


We were split into 2 groups to go into Versailles - I took 11 kids in and the other adults to the other 9. We were joking with each other & thought, let's do a photo competition. Ended up that Mario, our Tour Director, was the judge. When I get a copy of the other team's pic, I will post it, but here's our winning photo above. What was even more inspirational is that there was a group there from Nebraska who wanted to copy our idea but didn't have enough people to spell it all out, so they went with NE.

Needless to say, we had a great day! We came back into Paris and grabbed dinner and then headed up to Montemarte & Sacre Coeur for a few hours and then metro back. I did find a pastry shop and got some chocloate cake & we sang Happy Birthday to Cristina. :)


Tomorrow is some well-needed Leisure time during our Europe at Leisure trip. After the Louvre in the a.m., not sure what we'll do...stay tuned and find out. :)


~steph





I was super surprised to have 2 visitors come see me today...that rarely happens. Above is my friend, David, who works for EF in the London & Paris offices. What a super nice surprise since I hadn't seen him since this past July.


Then, while we were up in Montemarte, my cousin Mary & her hubby, David, came to eat crepes with me! I hadn't seen them since their wedding in September, so we have a super, lovely time catching up.


Thanks for the visits - hugs to you all!!









No comments: