Sunday, June 22, 2014

Day 15: Quiet Quad-Cities

I suspect it's been a pretty quiet day for all of the travelers today.  I assume they all slept quite a bit...I know I sure did.  I told the kids the hardest day for me is the day AFTER we get back home. It's always too quiet in my house.  No morning wake-up knocks...I'm sure they didn't miss that too much this morning.  No watered-down orange juice, croissants, meats & cheeses for breakfast. No crazies in the street offering us crap...or drugs. No more Fran-isms.   No bus rides. No lugging luggage up the stairs. The routine we have known for 2 weeks is no more.  It does take some time to adjust as that's all we've known for a while.  The kids will laugh when they hear certain songs/expressions as memories will flood them.  It was such an amazing time.  Parents - you have some great kids (but I'm sure you already knew that)! 

I rarely buy souvenirs from my trips...except for soccer jerseys for my nieces & nephews.  My best souvenir of all is my travel journal.  On the loooooong trip home, I have the kids write in it & tell me their thoughts on the trip, etc...  I always wait to read it until after I'm home. 
Just finished it...my cup runneth over.  Lloro.  Lágrimas.
Best souvenir ever.

Thanks for the fun & the great memories kids!!  You're the bestest!!  I am blessed.

Best. Souvenir. Ever.




No comments: