Sunday, July 18, 2010

Summer 2010 - Round 2 - Ni hao!

Yes, I'm off again! This time I'm heading west instead of east and will be spending a week in Beijing, China! I'm excited, yet nervous, as I've never been to China before and not quite sure what to expect. For my European trips, I know what the weather will be like, the food, the hotels, some of the languages... but China?!? No idea... Don't speak Chinese... Heard it's supposed to be hot & humid, but that reminds me of a typical Iowa summer. I am quite fortunate to be going with many old friends and expecting to meet many new friends. No students - just adults. Am flying from Moline to Chicago, hang out in Chicago for 5 hrs, and then catch the jumbo jet to Beijing. It's a 13 1/2 hr flight and it's an 11 hr difference. So, when I land at 2:40 pm on Tuesday, it will be 1:40 am Tuesday back in Iowa. Thankful for my noise-canceling headphones... and Dramamine - good night to me! :) So, as long as I can access the blog, I should be able to update my blog & include pics during the week... but you never know, it's China.


General plans are: Thursday = City tour; Friday = presentation day, Kung Fu show; Saturday = Great Wall of China & Peking Duck dinner; Sunday = home.


I know the time will fly, so I plan to soak it all up and enjoy this fascinating culture and scenery.

Thank you for all your thoughts & prayers during my trip!


The bags are packed, the Visa is in the passport, Cedric is ready to go!

Hope to be blogging with you soon!


Hugs ~ steph :)

No comments: